Pycnogenol Supplements (Pine Bark Extract Supplement)Pine Bark Extract usually goes by the trade name of Pycnogenol and is a potent group of bioflavanoids containing Proanthocyanidin complexes (polyphenols). Pycnogenol is a potent antioxidant and has numerous health benefits as described below.
Where Does Pycnogenol Come From?The pine trees of Landes Forest in Southwestern France contain very high levels of unique antioxidant flavonoid compounds that aid the body in fighting free radicals. Pycnogenol is the pine bark extract from these amazing trees. Pycnogenol is a very potent antioxidant that may also be extracted from lemon tree bark, grape skins, grape seeds or even cranberries.
- Provides antioxidant nutritional support for a variety of body repairs
- Provides capillary resistance to fragility and rupture
Pycnogenol has been shown to be a potent scavenger of oxygen free radicals.
- Pycnogenol protects against allergic reaction by inhibiting the formulation of histamine.
- Skin elasticity and smoothness are improved with Pycnogenol supplementation by hindering the effects of ageing and protecting your skin against the damaging effects of the sun's rays.
- Pycnogenol can inhibit various proteolytic enzymes such as collagenase and elastase, which cause breakdown of the collagen and elastin in connective tissue, thereby causing joint degeneration.
- Pycnogenol has a vital role in support of blood vessels throughout the body, thereby improving blood flow.
- Improves brain function by protecting blood vessels and because the bioflavonoids are able to cross the blood-brain barrier and directly protect brain cells.
Pycnogenol ResearchStudies have shown that Pycnogenol is 20 times more effective than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E. Additionally, research reveals that Pycnogenol is quickly absorbed and dispersed all through the body within 20 minutes.
Pine Bark extract is usually touted mainly for its antioxidant properties, but studies show that Pycnogenol supplements have a variety of biochemical functions in the body. Supplementing with Pycnogenol is not only one of the best ways to get natural botanical antioxidants, but can promote health and well being on a cellular level.