Protein Supplements - Protein Powder
Benefits of Using a Protein Supplement or Protein PowderProtein supplements and protein powder can provide a way of getting more protein into the diet when consumption of extra high protein foods alone may not be sufficient. These supplements are a source of many if not all of the essential amino acids that cannot be synthesized by the body. Amino acids play a crucial role in bodily processes and are in great demand when physical training of any kind is undertaken.
Protein for Body Building - Protein for Muscle Repair
Amino acids form the building blocks of proteins, which make up tissues such as muscle, bone and nails. They perform a varied role, benefiting not only muscle repair and muscle growth but immune function and cardiac health.
Amino acids also are believed to increase levels of antioxidants, particularly glutathione, which combat the action of free radicals and oxidative stress.
When undertaking a body building or athletic training, protein powder ensures that muscle tissue is repaired efficiently and provides the best condition for muscle growth. Muscles are damaged on a microscopic scale during exercise and especially during resistance exercise. After training, muscle is particularly receptive to nutrients and in particular protein.
Protein supplements consumed before a training session provide muscle with what they require for repair. In order to prevent muscle wasting (catabolism) it is necessary to take enough protein powder not only for muscle repair and growth but for all the other processes in the body too.
Following an injury, muscle is prone to wasting due to lack of use in respite care and protein supplements are commonly used to support physical repair and to enhance physiotherapy. There is also evidence that protein supplements may benefit vegetarians, those with poor diet and underweight individuals due to their convenience.
Items 1-20 of 35
- EarthTurns - Your Whey Protein - Chocolate - 30 ServingsGreat-tasting, ultra-filtrated protein powder that contains 21 grams of protein and 2 grams of dietary fiber. Learn MoreEarthTurns $59.20 Your Price $52.95
- EarthTurns - Your Whey Protein - Vanilla - 30 ServingsGreat-tasting, ultra-filtrated protein powder that contains 21 grams of protein and 2 grams of dietary fiber. Learn MoreEarthTurns $59.20 Your Price $52.95
- Metagenics - Perfect Protein Whey - Vanilla - 30 Servings
Featuring a combination of high quality cross-flow micro-filtered whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein.Learn MoreYour Price $65.94
- Bulletproof - Collagen Protein - Unflavored - 17.6 oz
- Bulletproof - Collagen Protein - Chocolate - 17.6 oz
- Bulletproof - Collagen Protein - Vanilla - 17.6 oz
- DaVinci Labs - Vegan Protein Creamy Chocolate - 15.77 oz
- Davinci Labs - Vegan Protein Creamy Vanilla - 14.29 oz
- Thorne Research - VegaLite™ - Chocolate - 37.2 oz21 grams of protein in a pea/rice protein blend. Chocolate. Learn More
- Thorne Research - VegaLite™ - Vanilla - 32.6 oz24 grams of protein in a pea/rice protein blend. Vanilla. Learn More
- Thorne Research - Medipro Vegan™ - Vanilla - 46.6 ozExcellent source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Vanilla flavored. Learn More
- Thorne Research - Medipro Vegan™ - Chocolate - 49.7 ozExcellent source of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Learn More
- Thorne Research - MediClear-SGS™ - 37.9 ozSulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) for greater liver phase II support Learn More
- Thorne Research - MediClear® - 30.1 ozProvides a non-allergenic source of protein. Learn More
- Thorne Research - MediClear Plus® - 26.8 ozSupports the body's normal inflammatory response. Learn More
- Pure Encapsulations - Whey Basics Vanilla Bean - 432g Powder21 grams of whey protein per serving Learn MoreYour Price $60.20
- Pure Encapsulations - PureLean Vanilla Bean (Stevia) - 540 g PowderVegetarian protein, vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and superfruit antioxidants for healthy weight management Learn MoreYour Price $54.80Out of stock