Minerals in MultiMineral Supplement
There are several minerals
that are combined in various forms to make up a good multimineral dietary supplement
. These are needed to support the biochemical processes in the body. Many of these play a role as electrolytes and in cellular function.
Important Mineral Supplements
- necessary for proper heart, muscle, and digestive system function. Also helps to build bone and neutralize acidity.
- is a required mineral for processing Adenosine-5'-triphosphate, or ATP,
which is necessary for cellular energy. Magnesium also helps to build
bones and increase alkalinity.
- Phosphorus - another important component of bones and needed for increased energy.
- Potassium - an important electrolyte. Also necessary in proper ATP function.
Important Trace Minerals
There are also many minerals that are required only in trace amounts.
Cobalt is a needed trace mineral for the biosynthesis of vitamin B12.
- Copper is a required constituent of many enzymes.
- Iron is required for numerous proteins and enzymes, particularly hemoglobin.
- Manganese is a cofactor in the function of many antioxidant enzymes.
- Molybdenum is required for xanthine oxidase and related oxidases.
- Selenium is required for proper antioxidant function in the body.
- Zinc is needed throughout the body and required for several enzymes.