L-Arginine SupplementsL-Arginine is a vital amino acid that plays a role in a number of physiological functions in the body, but is best known for its cardiovascular benefits. In the body, L-Arginine is converted to nitric oxide, which relaxes the blood vessels and regulates blood vessel tone and flexibility.
L-Arginine BenefitsArginine, which is also known as L-Arginine, has various functions in the human body that include:
- maintaining healthy immune system
- improved circulation
- helps to relax blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure
- reduced stress on heart
- proper wound healing
- helping kidneys eliminate waste products
L-Arginine, an important amino acid has numerous physiological functions but as mentioned, the most important is what it does for the heart. By converting to nitric oxide, L-Arginine relaxes the blood vessels which helps keep blood pressure under control and improve circulation. This also helps to improve their flexibility and tone.
L-Arginine is a natural dietary supplement that may also improve blood flow to the heart which can reduce clogged arteries and decrease angina (chest pain).
Since L-Arginine can relax arteries and improve the flow of blood, some researchers postulate that it may also be beneficial for individuals with ED, or erectile dysfunction.
Is L-Arginine Safe?Clinical trials has shown that L-Arginine is safe and only had some minor side effects such as diarrhea, gout and bloating. It may also make breathing more difficult for those with asthma. L-Arginine may also react with various heart medications or other drugs like Viagra. Because of this, you should speak to your doctor about taking L-Arginine if you are on heart medication or take a medication for erectile dysfunction.
- DaVinci Labs - Nitro Benefits - 30 ServingsHelps support healthy nitric oxide levels and vascular health.* Learn More
- Metagenics - Arginine Plus™ - with ActiFolate - 120 TabletsMetagenics Arginine Plus with ActiFolate helps support normal homocysteine levels Learn MoreYour Price $41.34
- Douglas Laboratories - L-Arginine 500 mg - 60 CapsulesL-Arginine capsules contain 500 mg pure, crystalline L-arginine. Learn MoreYour Price $12.30
- DC Labs - Tri-Amino (Arginine Ornithine Lysine) - 150 CapsulesAmino Acid Support Learn MoreYour Price $21.60