Biotin Supplements - Benefits of Biotin
Vitamin B7 - Vitamin H
Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7 and Vitamin H is important in many functions of the body. The main function of biotin is to help improve energy and function as a coenzyme in CO2 (carbon dioxide) transfer.But, did you know that without vitamin B7, your bone marrow, sweat glands and even nerves won't function optimally? Biotin supplements are important if you want to ensure that you have enough biotin, or have a biotin deficiency.
Biotin and Blood Sugar Benefits
Biotin is required for the proper breakdown of carbohydrates, fat and protein. For this reason, biotin supplements might help to improve carbohydrate metabolism, especially if you are deficient in biotin. The proper metabolism of carbohydrates will help to maintain normal blood sugar levels.
Biotin Hair & Nail Benefits
Biotin is probably best known as the supplement that helps nails and hair grow. Biotin is often included in hair and nail supplements as well as various shampoos and conditioners. The most common sign of a biotin deficiency is often brittle nails and/or hair loss. Many people believe that biotin can also play a role in stimulating the growth of nails and new hair.
There is genetic syndrome called Familial Uncombable Hair Syndrome where the person has blond hair that is dry, unmanageable and tangled. A study done on 2 children with Familial Uncombable Hair Syndrome showed that taking a biotin supplement daily helped improve the appearance of their hair.
- Solaray - Mega B-Stress Two-Stage Timed-Release - 120 CapsulesSpecial two-stage, timed-release formula Learn MoreYour Price $14.29
- Thorne Research - Biotin-8 - 60 CapsulesSupports healthy skin, hair and nails. Learn More
- DC Labs - BioChroMate (Biotin and Chromium) - 60 CapsulesPolynicotinate form of Chromium. Better Absorbed. Learn MoreYour Price $12.96
- DaVinci Labs - Hair Effects - 90 Capsules
- DaVinci Labs - Biotin 1,000 mcg - 60 TabletsHelps Streghten Hair and Nails Learn More