Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that is found in fruit and the stems of pineapple. A proteolytic enzyme is an enzyme that digests protein. Since cooking breaks down many enzymes, a bromelain supplement may help digestion of foods containing protein. The smaller components of protein are called amino acids and they are needed for creating neurotransmitters and muscle tissue. Most of the benefits those taking a bromelain supplement are seeking have to do with the absorption of the entire enzyme.
- Douglas Laboratories - Bromelain - 500 mg - 60 Capsules
- Integrative Therapeutics - Vitamin C with Quercetin - 180 Capsules
- Douglas Laboratories - Quercetin-Bromelain Complex - 100 Tablets
- DC Labs - Quercetin and Bromelain (with C and Magnesium) - 90 Capsules
- DC Labs - Bromelain Proteolytic Enzyme (Formula 229) - 90 Capsules