Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha Lipoic Acid Supplements
Alpha lipoic acid has been called the 'universal antioxidant' because of its ability to dissolve in both fat and water. Alpha lipoic acid has been found to destroy more free radicals than most antioxidants because of its ability to get to tissue comprised of water or fat.
Benefits of Alpha Lipoic AcidScientists have found that the body does manufacture small amounts of its own alpha lipoic acid; However, in order to get the concentrated doses needed to treat specific ailments, supplements are recommended by many experts.
Diabetes (Blood Sugar Balance)Alpha lipoic acid has been used for decades in Europe to treat diabetic neuropathy, a type of nerve damage that occurs in patients with diabetes. Due to its antioxidant properties, alpha lipoic acid may help to block the damage. Due to alpha lipoic acid's effect on glucose metabolism, it may enhance the glucose lowering action of insulin.
In a clinical trial involving 328 patients with diabetic neuropathy, participants received either 100 mg, 600 mg, or 1,200 mg a day of alpha-lipoic acid for three weeks. The participants who took 600 mg daily had the greatest reduction in pain and numbness. In a separate study involving alpha lipoic acid, blood sugar levels dropped in 74 patients with type 2 diabetes who took 600 mg or more of alpha lipoic acid daily. An amazing benefit of alpha lipoic acid is that it may also assist the 25% of people with diabetes at risk of sudden death from nerve related heart damage. In one particular study, patients who took 800 mg of alpha lipoic acid for four months had improved heart function. Based on current research, it appears that for those afflicted with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes, alpha lipoic acid should be part of their treatment plan.
Made in USA
- Pure Encapsulations - Alpha Lipoic Acid w/GlucophenolScience-based approach to cardiometabolic health Learn More
Starting at $77.80
- Thorne Research - Alpha-Lipoic Acid - 60 CapsulesHelps detoxify the liver and produce cellular energy. Learn More
- Thorne Research - R-Lipoic Acid - 60 CapsulesEssential for the eyes and liver. Learn More
- Integrative Therapeutics - Lipoic Acid - 60 CapsulesProtects vital cell structures from free radical damage and oxidative stres Learn MoreYour Price $28.30
- Douglas Laboratories - R-Lipoic Acid - 60 CapsulesR-Lipoic Acid contains 100 mg of pure R-lipoic acid. Learn MoreYour Price $42.60
- Douglas Laboratories - Coenzyme Q-10 with Lipoic AcidCoenzyme Q-10 with Lipoic Acid supplies 60 mg of coenzyme Q10, along with 50 mg of Alpha-lipoic acid, Learn More
Starting at $36.20
- Douglas Laboratories - Alpha-Lipoic Acid - 60 TabletsAlpha-Lipoic Acid tablets contain 100 mg of pure alpha-lipoic acid. Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a non-vitamin coenzyme. Learn MoreYour Price $18.80
- DaVinci Labs - Alpha Lipoic Acid - 300 mg - 60 CapsulesSupports Glucose Metabolism and Protection Against Free Radical Damage* Learn More