Improve Heart Health Naturally
Your heart is one of the most important muscles in your body. It is responsible for pumping your blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body. Therefore, we have to make sure that we are giving it the proper care it needs to maintain us for life. There are several things you can do to improve your heart health and below are some tips that can get you to happy and healthy place.
- Walk Time – Take some time out to walk together as a family or on your own after work. Skip dessert and skip a show or two and just be one with nature and walk a bit. This is a great option for those that are working up to aerobic exercise or those that are not healthy enough to do anything too physical. Walk a bit more each day and perform the level of walking that keeps you comfortable, but challenged.
- Park Further – How many of us fight to get the best parking spots that are the closest to our destination? Not only is this frustrating, but it is also stressful. Take the spot further away to get some steps in and to lessen your chances of door dings.
- Stairs – Every chance you get, take the stairs. There are often many chances to take a flight or two of stairs to boost your heart rate and increase your heart health. Now obviously a 30 story building might not be the best place to start, but ease into it and do what you can and take the elevator the rest of the way if you run out of steam.
- Sleep – Ensure your body is getting the sleep it needs to recuperate. The required six to eight hours of sleep are paramount. If you are not getting enough sleep, try to reduce stress in your life and increase physical activity to wear yourself out.
- Get Rid of Bad Habits – There are bad habits that all of us have. Some of the worst for heart health are cigarettes, too much caffeine, alcohol and stress. Minimizing these habits are one of the best ways to get yourself to a healthier place.
- Supplement – There are some of us that can’t get our vitamins and nutrients from our foods due to allergies or dislike of healthy foods. Luckily, there are multivitamins that can supplement our diets to ensure we are getting everything we need in our bodies. One great supplement is called intraMax by Drucker Labs. This liquid multivitamin contains over 415 essential nutrients. This formula supports the nervous system, cardiovascular system, and it also supports immune system health.
- Active at Work – Take plenty of breaks at work to ensure your body is moving from chronic work positions. Take stretch breaks, walk breaks, and try standing for several periods of time to give your body a variety of positions to break up the monotony.
- Count Steps – Increase your physical activity by monitoring it and giving yourself goals to surpass during the week.