Best Natural Sunscreens for Family
Finding ways to protect your skin is paramount in this day and age. We need to protect our skin from the elements and especially from UVA and UVB rays. Ensuring that the sunscreen you are using is safe is important, as many sunscreens have damaging ingredients. Using natural sunscreen products is the best way to protect your skin from the sun and from harmful chemicals. But making sure the natural ingredients are also effective is the key.
Here are a list of some of our favorites:
- Badger Sunscreen Cream – This natural sunscreen is easier to apply than other zinc oxide sunscreens. This works well and is water resistant for 40 minutes. It is made with sunflower oil, beeswax, vitamin E, and zinc oxide. It contains SPF 15, for days when you don’t need total protection.
- Badger Sunscreen Face Stick – Sometimes you don’t have time to apply and rub in cream, so you can use the face stick that can be rubbed on just like deodorant. This sport sunscreen has an SPF 35 rating and it contains the standard zinc oxide. It is very water resistant at 80 minutes. It has extra virgin olive oil, shea butter, beeswax, and cocoa butter.
- Badger After Sun Balm – This is to be used after you have forgotten your sunblock. It is nourishing and moisturizing balm that can soothe and protect your skin. It is made with extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter, and the healing powers of essential oils.
- Sunless Strip – Pristine Beauty has a product called Sunless Strip. This is for those that want some tan without the sun. This product is sunless tanner that has natural ingredients. It contains green tea extract, aloe, shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and lemon and orange oil.
- Badger Citronella and Cedar Sunscreen – This natural sunscreen with natural bug repellant is for those days when you are outdoors and around bugs. The SPF is 34 and it has natural citronella and cedar to keep the sun from burning you and the bugs from biting you. It is organic and does not contain any DEET. It contains beeswax and zinc oxide.
If you have a chemical sensitivity, you definitely want to avoid harmful suntan lotion ingredients. There are also some ingredients you don’t want to find in your sunscreen and there are a list of these items below:
- Oxybenzone – This chemical is used to help other chemicals penetrate the skin. It is also known to alter hormones in the body.
- Octinoxate – This chemical helps others absorb into the skin. This chemical also disrupts hormones in the body. It has also been linked to premature skin aging.
- Retinyl Palmitate – This component can cause a breakdown that causes free radical production which may lead to cell damage and even cancer. It has been linked to the increased speed of skin tumors.
- Homosalate – This is a chemical used to help other ingredients absorb into the skin and is also a hormone disrupter.
- Paraben – This is a preservative that can cause allergic reactions, hormone disruption, and reproductive toxicity.
- Octocrylene – This chemical causes free radicals that can damage cells and cause mutations.