8 Tips for Healthy Blood Pressure
If you have been diagnosed with borderline to high blood pressure, you may be worried about having to take medication for life and monitoring your heart rate. Living a healthy lifestyle can be a way to curb some of the effects of high blood pressure and delay or prevent medication.
Some of these tips below can help with creating a drop in your blood pressure.
- Lose some Pounds – This seems obvious, because with a healthy lifestyle you should be at a healthy weight. Losing just a bit of weight can reduce your waistline, which can help with obstructed breathing that raises blood pressure. Sleep apnea is one issue that those who are overweight will experience.
- Exercise Regularly – This may also go hand-in-hand with losing weight. Exercise may help avoid hypertension. You don’t have to do anything crazy, like a marathon, but regular walking, cycling, swimming, or dancing. Strength training can also help to reduce blood pressure as well.
- Limit Alcohol – Alcohol in moderation can be okay for your health and can even reduce your blood pressure. Of course, if you boost one drink a day to more a day, the protective effect is lost. Drinking too much can raise blood pressure and can reduce the effectiveness of blood pressure medications.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking increases your blood pressure. If you quit smoking, you can reduce your risk of heart disease and improve overall health. It also helps your lungs as well.
- Caffeine – Caffeine has been known to affect people differently. To determine if it affects your health, drink a caffeinated beverage and then check your blood pressure after 30 minutes. If your blood pressure increases 5 to 10 mm Hg then you may be sensitive to the blood pressure effects of caffeine.
- Reduce Stress – Regular stress is important for every day functioning. However, chronic stress can be the cause of high blood pressure. Once you determine what type of stress you are dealing with (work, family, finances); determine ways you can eliminate or reduce that type of stress in your life. Also, find a practice that helps to lower stress, like music or yoga. Whatever it is that gets your body to go to its calm state can be a great way to reduce stress. For a natural stress aid, try Relax Already. It’s natural ingredients help to relax and calm you during times of stress.
- Potassium – Potassium-rich fruits and vegetables and help to lower blood pressure. One great one is potatoes. So, load up and get a lowered blood pressure. If you would rather supplement your diet, consider Fundamental Potassium, is a chelated potassium supplement by Fundamental Earth. It has a high rate of absorption and controls water balance. It is also known to help maintain blood pressure by regulating the flow of nerve impulses.
- Co-enzyme Q10 – This supplement is an antioxidant that is responsible for energy production. It also dilates blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure. DaVinci Labs has a Coenzyme Q10 product that supports a healthy heart and helps to manufacture ATP, the body’s energy. It naturally helps to reduce blood pressure and can help to reduce the risk of a second heart attack.