Natural Migraine Relief Tips
Migraines are defined as, an extreme headache that is unilateral and usually associated with nausea and light sensitivity. Oftentimes, it’s associated with neck pain as well.
These very extreme headaches can lead to not only head pain, but vomiting, and even changes in vision. Migraines can keep you down,, and cause your life to take a huge detour. With the help of natural and herbal remedies, you may be able to reduce the severity and frequency of your migraines.
There are tips that can help you get your life back and help you take control.
- Grape Juice – The properties of grapes have natural pain relief. Taking the time to have a drink of grape juice can help hydrate and dull the pain that your head may be experiencing.
- Nuts – The next time the pain strikes, consider a handful of nuts. Nuts have the same ingredient as pain relievers, known as salicin. This is a pain blocking agent found in many pain reliever products. Nuts are definitely a better alternative than pain relievers.
- Massage – Massage to lessen the tension in your neck and head is important for pain relief. By using massage at migraine-specific pressure points, you can release the tension in the head and neck that may help toreduce your pain.
- Ginger Root – Although it might not be the best piece of chewing gum, consider chewing on some raw ginger root. It has natural medicinal properties that help with pain and inflammation. It also has the bonus property of combating nausea.
- Tryptophan – Yes, this is the turkey amino acid that helps you rest during Thanksgiving. It helps your brain to feel happy and releases serotonin. Serotonin helps to release tension and stress in the body. It also relaxes the muscles that are surrounding the brain.
- Hot/Cold – Some people find that by placing an icepack on the back of their neck, it helps with migraine pain. For others, heat seems to work best. Try one or the other and see what works best for you.
- Relax Already – This product by Stone Age Wellness, is a wonderful way to relieve migraine pain. It is also very helpful at decreasing the duration and frequency of migraine attacks. It is made with valerian root, lemon balm, chamomile flower, cramp bark, and passion flower. They work together as a natural muscle relaxant and they can also reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Caffeine – Large doses of caffeine are not recommended for overall health. However, if you are experiencing a migraine, a small dose of caffeine may help to ease the pain. It also helps to improve the effects of the pain reliever you may be using for relief.
- Essential Oils – There are also essential oils that can bring relief for migraine sufferers. Lavender oil can be diffused into the air and provide relief from pain. It is a mood stabilizer and can cause also provide sedative properties. Peppermint is also a wonderful essential oil that can open up the breathing passageways and provide relief from migraine pain and pressure.