Protect Your Skin Naturally in Summer
Sunscreen is a necessity in the summer months when the sun can be brutal and damaging to unprotected skin. The sun has UVA and UVB rays that can cause the skin to burn and can even lead to skin cancer. The problem with some sunscreens is their chemical components, which can be just as unhealthy as the sun itself. Finding a sunscreen that prevents skin damage and that doesn’t have harmful chemicals is extremely important. There are many things to look for in a natural sunblock and things to avoid for healthy skin that is burn-free.
Here are a few top picks:
- Badger Broad Spectrum SPF30 – This sunblock is unscented and has water resistance for up to 40 minutes. It blocks UVA and UVB rays and has non- nano particles, which allows the skin to breathe. It is made with zinc oxide, which is a natural mineral sunblock that creates a physical barrier and will not interfere with hormones like other sunblock products. This company also makes a kid version, a bug-repellant version, and a soothing version for irritated skin.
- All Terrain AquaSport Broad Spectrum SPF30 – This sunblock is non-greasy and water-resistant. It can be effective for up to 80 minutes in water and it is fragrance-free and will not cause eye sting if sweating occurs. It uses zinc oxide, non-nano, non-whitening components. There is also a kidsport version that is kid-friendly.
- Tropical Sands – This company is one of the best for sunscreen products for fair-skinned people, as it is very protective to the skin. It has the power of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. It has an SPF of 50 and is very thick and will appear white with use, but it will stay on for an extended period of time. It has the nourishing properties of coconut oil, eucalyptus oil, sunflower seed oil, vitamin E, and jojoba oil.
- Badger All-Season Face Stick– This natural sunscreen is specifically designed for the face with an SPF 35 that protects against wrinkles, sun spots, and fine lines. All-Season Face Stick is made with non-nano, uncoated zinc oxide 22.5%, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter and shea butter. It works as a perfect sunblock and a moisturizer in one.
- Badger Sunscreen Cream – This is a broad-spectrum sunblock that is very water-resistant for up to 80 minutes and has an SPF of 35. It is formulated with non-nano, uncoated zinc oxide at 22.5%.
- Badger Sunscreen Lip Balm – This natural sunblock for lips has an SPF 15 with natural moisturizers. Badger Lip Balm is perfect to use every day to protect your lips from the harmful rays of the sun. Make sure to apply often.