Get Healthier with Food
Super foods seem to be all the rage and new ones seem to come out every month. It is necessary to stay on top of all of these foods and determine if the health benefits are legitimate. Eating healthy and trying to stay in shape are the goals of most people, but false information and hyped foods can often get in the way of these goals. Here are some of the top super foods that have maintained the test of time.
- Avocado – These fruits are often given a bad name, due to the fact that they are high in fat. But, these avocados are actually full of monounsaturated fats. Avocados are important for blood and tissue regeneration, stabilizing blood sugar, reducing heart disease, and reducing cancer risks. It is also extremely helpful for those suffering from diabetes. Also, they actually taste pretty good as well.
- Apples – The apple a day keeping the doctor away is a real thing. It has powerful antioxidants that can reduce cancer risk. Quercetin and catechins are the powerful antioxidants in apples and they can truly help with your health. They are full of fiber and they can help with maintaining a healthy weight.
- Blueberries – These berries are packed full of antioxidants. They are helpful at decreasing cancer risk and keeping your heart healthy. They have also been linked to reducing memory loss and the effects of the aging process.
- Cabbage – This vegetable is full of antioxidants that can help reduce free radicals and improve heart health. It is also responsible for boosting the immune system, killing bacteria, and purifying the blood. Red cabbage has an extra boost of anthocyanins that can give another boost of anticancer properties.
- Fish/Fish Oil – Either by eating the fish or by taking a fish oil supplement, you can cut your risk of heart disease. Omega fats can help alleviate depression and help with arthritis. It is also useful for cancer risk reduction. DaVinci Labs has an Omega-3 HP-D product that provides cardiovascular protection, strengthens joints, skin, and hair, and also supports the immune system and its function. It comes in a soft gel format and the oil was cold pressed, to preserve the function of the fatty acid. It also contains vitamin D3 that is involved in maintaining the strength of bones and teeth.
- Flaxseed – These are packed with essential fatty acids and they can help with inflammation. They are also packed full of fiber, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. They work together to increase the quality of health in individuals. DC Labs has flaxseed oil softgels and it is certified organic. It helps with recovery after muscle workout. It works to lower bad cholesterol and decrease heart disease. It has even been linked to improved dry eye symptoms by stimulating tear gland production.
- Dark Chocolate – One of my most favorite super foods is cacao. This cacao has antioxidants and helps to lower bad cholesterol levels and also prevents plaque buildup in arteries. It also has antioxidants that can truly fight harmful free radicals.