Boost Your Metabolism to Lose Weight
Metabolism varies between individuals and can be the cause of weight gain as we age. Aging often slows down metabolism in the body and we tend to slow down ourselves when it comes to activity. This is why we tend to put on weight as we age. Finding ways to jumpstart our metabolism is a common goal of those who want to lose weight.
Here are some tips to help you get moving and take off the weight.
- Eat – Some people tend to cut calories when they are trying to lose weight and get their metabolism. If you cut too many calories, the body will shut down metabolism. It will also start to break down precious, calorie-burning muscle tissue for energy. Eat enough to keep your body from feeling hungry and snack throughout the day to keep your metabolism working.
- Eat Breakfast – Eat a great breakfast and jumpstart your metabolism and keep it high throughout the whole day. People that skip breakfast are 4.5 more times likely to be obese. Protein-rich breakfast is the best way to keep your metabolism working at its best.
- Stimulants – Drink tea or coffee in the morning and you can boost your metabolism, up to 8%. Tea has antioxidant catechins that can boost metabolism and burn calories without any effort on your part physically.
- Fiber – Other than keeping yourself regular, fiber is also helpful at burning fat. Eating fiber is one of the best ways to lose weight or maintain weight over time. DC Labs has a Psyllium Husks Powder product that improves intestinal health, controls weight and even reduces cholesterol. This can help with those trying to follow the Atkins diet.
- Cold Water – Drinking water is important for keeping the body functioning at its best. There are studies that conclude that drinking cold water is an important way to raise metabolism, because the body has to work harder to heat the water to body temperature. So, have a few glasses of cold water to shed some extra pounds. Water also has a side bonus of making your stomach feel full and causing you to eat less.
- Protein – Eat protein to maintain lean muscle. Protein helps the body burn calories and kick metabolism into high gear for digestion. One product by Fundamental Earth is called undenatured whey protein powder. It works by providing amino acids that are great for body building and it minimized muscle tissue breakdown. It allows the body to gain strength and allow the muscles to recover.
- Stock Iron – Make sure to stock pile iron to ensure that your body is ready to provide energy for the rest of the body and to boost sluggish metabolism. Iron is essential for carrying the oxygen your body needs to your muscles and allows them to burn fat. DaVinci Labs has an iron bis-glycinate product that supports red blood cell formation and the oxidation of toxins. This product also contains vitamin C, folic acid, and vitamin B12 for optimal absorption.