MultiVitamin for Adults over 50
As we age, the vitamins and nutrients our body requires change. Keeping up with the changes as we age is what will keep our bodies functioning properly. Understanding what you need for your health is the biggest challenge. This is why it is best to select a product that has your age and needs in mind.
Formula 814 – A review of its ingredients
This multivitamin is for adults 50 years of age or older. It contains the highly sought after called lutein and lycopene. It also has several other vitamins that contribute to overall health. Below are a few of the ingredients contained in this product.
- Lycopene – This is a powerful antioxidant that can protect the body and cells from damage. It helps support the body in its fight against heart disease, cataracts, and asthma.
- Lutein – This vitamin is related to beta-carotene and is known as the eye vitamin. It works to help prevent age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and retinitis pigmentosa. It helps to function as a light filter that protects the eyes from sunlight damage.
- Boron – This is a mineral found naturally in food and the environment. It is used to build strong bones, to support those with osteoarthritis, improve thinking skills and muscle coordination. It may help to increase estrogen levels in older women and healthy men.
- Chromium – This mineral is found in low amounts in the body. Chromium can help control blood sugar and has even been used for depression. It can also help with weight loss, increasing muscle mass, and decreasing body fat. It also helps to prevent age-related mental decline.
- Iodine – The body needs iodine, but cannot make it. Low iodine can lead to infertility and even autoimmune disease. Iodine has been shown to kill germs, prevent soreness in the mouth from chemotherapy, and can help with diabetic ulcers. Without iodine, the body can display physical and mental growth delays.
- Magnesium – This mineral is important for normal bone structure in the body. Without magnesium conditions like osteoporosis, high blood pressure, clogged arteries, diabetes, and even stroke can occur. It can also help with constipation that may increase with age.
- Calcium – This mineral is essential for bones and teeth. It also helps with the blood clotting system. It can be found in many antacids as well. As we age, the amount of calcium declines and absorption of calcium declines due to reduced estrogen levels. Extra calcium helps bones to rebuild properly and stay strong.
- Folic Acid – This B vitamin is important for development of DNA and even for treating gum infections. It is also important for memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, and age-related hearing loss. It can help with macular degeneration and it can reduce signs of aging and osteoporosis.
- Vitamin A – This vitamin is extremely important as we age. It can help with menstrual conditions, can increase sperm count, to support individuals with age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts. It can also help to promote wound healing, and to reduce wrinkles ¹.