End Bloating and Feel Better
Bloating can cause discomfort and unsightly bulging in the abdominal area. Many people mistakenly confuse this bloat with water weight, but water does not pool in the intestines and would most likely show up in the ankles. Bloat is completely due to gas build up.
Finding ways to eliminate gas build up is the key to reducing and eliminating bloat.
- Stay Regular – Obviously, constipation is not a way to reduce bloating in the intestines. Keeping the body regular is a way to keep things moving and gas from building up and causing bloat. Fiber is an excellent way to stay regular. Drinking plenty of fluids and performing physical activity are ways of reducing the likelihood of constipation. One fiber product that can help you to stay regular is Clearly Fiber by DaVinci Labs. This product is helpful at reducing irregularity and providing weight loss.
- Allergies – Food allergies or things like lactose intolerance, and gluten intolerance can be the cause of your bloating and discomfort. The best way to determine if food is the culprit is to keep a food journal and look to see if a pattern evolves. Bring this food diary to a doctor and determine, by testing, what may be causing your allergic reactions. Aged cheeses and yogurts are the safest ways to obtain lower doses of lactose and still get the benefits of dairy food products.
- Slow Down – Take your time while eating. Many people that eat too fast seem to swallow air that leads to bloating in the digestive system. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. The added bonus of slowing down is also weight loss, due to the extended time for the stomach to tell your brain that it is getting full.
- Carbonation – Stay away from carbonated beverages as much as possible. The gas can cause gas to get trapped in your belly and lead to the bloating you may be experiencing. Diet sodas and fizzy beverages are just as guilty in providing gas build up in the body. Peppermint tea is a great way to soothe the digestive system and reduce bloating.
- Sugar-Free Products – Many people have started using artificial sweeteners to prevent calories. However, sugar-free products increases the amount of sugar alcohol consumed, which can lead to bloating. Also, consider chewing less sugar-free gum if you are an avid gum chewer. Chewing gum can cause you to swallow air, which causes bloating. Switch to mints or peppermint oil to reduce the gum chewing habit.
- Eat Smaller Meals More Often – Eating smaller meals throughout the day can keep you free of the bloated feeling. Eating more frequently is also a way to control blood sugar and to control hunger. Make sure that the quantity of food and calories adds up to the best recommended daily caloric intake for you.
- Probiotics – If you are following many of the above recommendations already, consider using a probiotic to balance the bloating in the abdomen. One great probiotic that you can try is Fundamental Probiotic by Fundamental Earth. It has twelve different strains of bacteria and can help to balance the bad gut bacteria that may be causing bloat.