Weight Loss Tips
There are many ways to go about losing weight. The obvious ways include exercising and eating better. Some of us have tried this time and time again and still are not very successful. This may be due to genetics, metabolism, or a combination of both. If you are having trouble losing weight, you may need to find a new method for your weight loss needs.
- Meal Prepping – Try and prepare meals for the week ahead of time. This planning will keep you from running out and getting unhealthy food and it will help you to make proper portions.
- Drink Water – Try drinking some water before you eat to keep your stomach full. It is also a great thing to try if you are feeling hungry, because your body may actually just be dehydrated. It also flushes out toxins and impurities that may keep you from losing weight.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – A recent study showed that a group of people that exercised AND took omega 3, had better weight loss results than those only exercising. Try and get some omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. There is a great brand of omega-3 fatty acids that is made in America, burp-free and high potency.
- Boast – Tell everyone when you are getting some positive results. Donate old clothes to ensure that you don’t have them for a fall back crutch. Telling others about your weight loss holds you accountable and keeps you on track.
- Get a Fitness Tracker – Consider getting a device to record your exercise and to keep you motivated. You never realize how inactive you are until you see the steps you have taken in a day. Tracking devices can also be great at nudging you to get moving.
- Cut portions – Use salad plates to keep your portion sizes smaller. Loading up on a regular-sized dinner plate can cause you to overeat. Also, consider taking a 30 second break when you are eating to determine if you are still really hungry or if you can wrap up the eating phase.
- Sneak in Exercise – Sneak in stairs when you get a chance, park further away from your work building or the store to get in a few more steps, do some push-ups in your down time, take a walk, jump some rope, and basically find something active to do in any of your spare time during the day. Little burst of exercise can boost your metabolism and keep your body in active mode.
- Set a Goal -Take a moment to make a small goal. Maybe it is to exercise for 10 minutes a day. Track your success and then add on time as you go. The exercise can be mild, like walking and then you can increase it to more cardio-intensive workouts.
- Relax – Losing weight takes time. Don’t put pressure on yourself. Stressing out about weight loss is something that can actually cause stress, which releases the stress hormone cortisol. Stress can equate to weight gain and can crush your spirit and desire to lose weight.
Weight loss will take a while, but the health benefits are worth it.