Top Heart Healthy Tips
Taking care of your heart is just like taking care of your car’s engine. It is one of the main organs in your body, responsible for pumping blood through your body to deliver nutrients. Your heart is what keeps you going and it requires a little maintenance to keep going. Keeping it healthy should be on the top of your priority list.
Here are some wonderful tips to keep your heart alive.
- Cut Risk Factors – There are many risk factors that you cannot control, like genetic predisposition to heart disease. However, there are some risk factors that can be controlled like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, and obesity. By changing your lifestyle and becoming healthier, you can lower your risk factors. This means eating right, exercising regularly, and visiting your doctor.
- See your Doctor – Ensure that you are making your regular doctor visits. As long as you are getting regular check-ups, you will be able to regulate any issues that may come up in your life health-wise. They can monitor your heart and ensure there are no issues or attempt to fix the ones that occur.
- Sleep – Sleep is a necessity for all things related to your health. There are many issues linked to lack of sleep, including high blood pressure, weight gain, irritability, and overall decrease in health. There are supplements that are natural that can help you get the sleep you require. Sleep Already is made by Stone Age Wellness and it contains lemon balm, passion flower, valerian root, and melatonin. Sleep Already is a natural sleep aid that helps relax you and reduce ‘busy brain’ to help you fall asleep.
- Watch your Diet – There are many dietary things you can do to improve your health. One is to eat smaller meals throughout the day, instead of large meals. Limit sugar intake that will lower triglycerides and aid in weight loss. Avoid foods that have added trans-fat. This fat comes from partially hydrogenated oils found in fried foods. Try to increase protein in your diet, like Fundamental Earth’s Fundamental Protein. This protein is unflavored and is micro filtered. It can easily dissolve into any drink. It will also help to build muscle and improve your overall health.
- Work Out – Now we are not talking marathons, but working out and sweating a bit can be a way to keep your heart in shape. Remember that your heart is a muscle and needs to be exercised. Making sure that the body is exercised regularly is important. It helps to lose weight, which helps your body function at its best. It can also improve your attitude by releasing endorphins.
- Reduce Stress – Find a hobby that truly relaxes you and allows you to reset. It doesn’t matter if it is as simple as reading or as complex as scuba diving. Find something you enjoy and go to that hobby when life gets a little stressful. Also, consider some meditation or yoga with a little bit of essential oils to really set the mood.