Easy & Delicious Recipe
Gazpacho is a vibrant celebration of fresh flavors perfect for the summer. In its most traditional form, it is a cold soup made of fresh vegetables that usually has a base of tomatoes and cucumbers. Vegan by nature, gazpacho also can be paired nicely with a variety of grilled meat, fish and seafood as well as other vegetable dishes to continue with a vegan theme.
This recipe includes an addition of shrimp, but you are more than welcome to leave it out or substitute the shrimp with another meat, seafood or even vegetable such as grilled zucchini, eggplant or mushrooms.
Shrimp and Avocado Ingredients:
- ¼ pound cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined (grilled, steamed, broiled, etc.)
- 6 ripe plum (or roma) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped Italian Parsley
- ¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- 2 ripe Hass avocado (or 1 ripe Florida avocado), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients (except the shrimp), and add half of the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth and place in a large bowl, then add the rest of the chopped mixture. Place mixture in four serving bowls and garnish with the cooked shrimp by dividing the portions of cooked shrimp into servings of four.
May serve with a dollop of avocado cream (whipped avocado with lime and salt) and your favorite hot sauce.