Delicious Vegan Recipe
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons ground chia or flax seeds, divided
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning herb blend (may substitute with dried oregano)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Combine 2 tablespoons of ground chia or flax seeds with 6 tablespoons of water-set aside and allow to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until it is a rice-like consistency. Add the cauliflower to a large sauce pan, and cover with slightly salted water, and simmer for five minutes. Then, drain the liquid through a fine strainer or cheese cloth.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, strain it in a clean, thin tea towel or cheese cloth by squeezing the cauliflower in the fabric. (May do this in batches.)
- Next, Place the drained cauliflower in a large bowl, adding in the soaked chia or flax seeds, almond meal, the additional tablespoon of dry ground flax or chia seeds, salt, garlic and seasoning. Combine well, then press the mixture into a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, until the top is lightly golden and dry to the touch.
Tip: Use parchment paper to prevent sticking, and place another sheet of parchment paper on the top of the crust after 30 minutes baking, flip the crust over and repeat the baking process for a dryer, firmer crust.
- 2 cups of soaked walnuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or emulsifying blender, and a “walnut cheese” will form, similar in consistency to ricotta.
Top your pizza crust with the cheese and any toppings you like. Try raw ingredients such as peppers and onions, zucchini, tomatoes, arugula and even avocado.