*Results May Vary
Chewable Probiotics - Children's Probiotics
The Best Chewable Probiotic Supplement Available
Fundamental Probiotic Chewable are a high potency chewable probiotics that not only taste great but provide 8 strains of bioactive probiotic bacteria at a dosage of over 25 billion CFU at expiration date. This children's probiotics are great for adults who prefer a chewable probiotic supplement over a capsule.
Chewable Probiotics Benefits
- Great Taste - Contains natural cherry, natural vanilla and licorice extract
- High Potency - 8 different probiotic strains
- No Dairy
- No Gluten
- No Wheat
- Doctor Recommended
- Made in America
- FREE SHIPPING
What are Probiotics?
You may be aware that your gastrointestinal tract is inhabited by a huge number of microbial organisms. Forming part of this collection of organisms is the probiotic bacteria
that play a large constructive role in helping to encourage healthy gastrointestinal and immune system function
A healthy digestive system possesses a balance of the many helpful probiotic microbial organisms; in this way they effectively work together with the body's natural processes.
Probiotics Many Roles in the Body
The immune role of probiotics is vital, helping to protect us from pathogens that enter our gut. Pathogens are microbes which cause illness or disease and are found in the gastrointestinal tract, which often presents the perfect environment for their reproduction due to its ready supply of nutrients and ideal temperatures. Probiotics
have been shown to help control pathogens within the digestive system
in a number of ways. Probiotics produce organic acids, hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins, which are three of the anti-microbial compounds they release that form an environment hostile to pathogens. Probiotics also have a more direct effect on the body's structure in order to help protect it from pathogens, such as strengthening of the intestinal walls. In addition, a number of nutrients found to be essential for colon mucosa are produced by probiotics; they are also known to promote colon blood flow.
As well as aiding mineral absorption, probiotics synthesize B vitamins as well as vitamin K within the intestinal tract. These wonderful probiotic flora perform digestive action on carcinogens and toxins, degrading and destroying them before they are able to do damage to the inner workings of the body.
Many of us are lacking the right levels of probiotics for several reasons. As the worlds food production has become more industrialized, moving towards processed, canned and frozen products, we are no longer exposed to the helpful probiotic organisms we would normally be if we had a more natural and whole food based diet. The normal healthy probiotic bacteria you would expect to find in diet based on healthy fruit and vegetables are not present in the typical diet of most North Americans and Western Europeans. This unfortunately means that the majority of people in the western world are deficient in these essential microbes, leaving them exposed to the risk of a variety of health problems.
Although a poor diet is a major factor, other factors can also disrupt healthy intestinal function
. Such factors as stress, poor nutrition, toxins and medicines play a major role in destroying the healthy flora in our gut. Antibiotics are regularly prescribed in modern medicine and while they may treat the original ailment, they also have a detrimental effect on the helpful microbes in the gastrointestinal systems. Many people experience upset stomachs and diarrhea following a course of antibiotics as the body has lost its natural defense against harmful pathogens. This harmonious balance is difficult to regain, however a balanced digestive system can be encouraged by taking a chewable probiotic supplement
which will help to restore and maintain the body's microflora.
More Benefits of Probiotics
The benefits of probiotics
have been well researched and documented with a number of probiotic supplements becoming available in health stores and online, including specifically formulated chewable probiotics for children
or for adults. A probiotic, put simply, is a live micro organism which benefits its host's health - your health (or your child's). In the case of humans, probiotics are generally found in the gastrointestinal tract where they have been shown to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria
and pathogens that produce toxins that damage the body.
There are a wide range of probiotic organisms, each with different health benefits. Fundamental Probiotics is a chewable probiotic supplement designed for children and adults. It is a high potency chewable probiotic - although many probiotics on the market have 1 or 2 strains and only several million CFU per serving, Fundamental Chewable Probiotics is considered the best chewable probiotics because it contains 8 various strains of normal flora and over 25 billion cfu per serving.
Here are the probiotic strains and their functions:
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus is sometimes used as a culture in yoghurt and dairy products. It is commonly used in probiotic supplements to balance intestinal microflora and will generally colonize the digestive system. In August 2011, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published research which showed that Lactobacillus rhamnosus had a positive effect in reducing anxiety. Since these findings, there has been an increase in Lactobacillus rhamnosus as an ingredient in chewable probiotics for adults.
- Lactobacillus casei is one of the most widely studied probiotics and as a result, one of the most widely used. Lactobacillus casei is a lactic acid producers which helps so called "friendly bacteria" to thrive in the digestive system. Having studied research and clinical trials of Lactobacillus casei in humans, the World Health Organization found that it had a positive effect reducing gastrointestinal pathogenic bacterial diseases.
- Lactobacillus paracasei, according to Lund University, Sweden, Lactobacillus paracasei is found both in the oral and rectal mucosa. Studies have shown that daily administering of Lactobacillus paracasei as found in chewable probiotics can help relieve the symptoms of chronic fatigue. These results have been published in the Nutrition Journal. Lactobacillus paracasei is also used to help alleviate the symptom of diarrhea, particularly with infants and children.
- Lactobacillus salivarius is naturally found in both the mouths and small intestines of humans. Tests carried out have shown that oral administration of Lactobacillus salivarius reduces at least five of the more serious plaque causing bacteria in the mouth. Tests on rodents have shown that Lactobacillus salivarius can help to balance the digestive system following septic shock.
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum is generally seen in the colon and vagina and is an important probiotic strain in this potent chewable probiotic supplement. The main use of Bifidobacterium Bifidum in humans is to balance intestinal microflora and control the increase of harmful pathogens and bacteria. All of this means a healthier digestive system and immune system. A number of studies have been testing how Bifidobacterium Bifidum can help to boost infant immune systems, particularly in the digestive systems of premature babies who often suffer from neonatal necrotizing entercolitis. The research has shown that intestinal mucus and digestive health both benefit from Bifidobacterium Bifidum which is also present in human breast milk.
- Bifidobacterium Infantis is proven to help with digestive health and in particular aid in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). With around 1 in 5 Americans suffering from IBS and the growing number of people taking Bifidobacterium Infantis in their chewable probiotic supplements, a lot of research is being done into other potential health benefits of Bifidobacterium Infantis. Bifidobacterium Infantis produces an enzyme that is not found naturally in the body, which helps to break down and prevent kidney stones which, as any sufferer will tell you, can be excruciatingly painful.
- Bifidobacterium Longum is often referred to as the most useful probiotic or 'friendly' bacteria. Extensive research into Bifidobacterium Longum has been carried out with The Kenyon College Department of Biology producing a paper published in 2007. The paper highlights the benefits of Bifidobacterium Longum as it promotes gastrointestinal tract health, prevents the propagation of unwanted bacteria and toxins, boosts the immune system and also helps in the prevention of diarrhea - particularly following treatment with antibiotics.
- Bifidobacterium Breve can be found in the digestive system from the time that we are born and is more abundant in breast fed babies. Bifidobacterium Breve is helpful as it colonizes the intestines and stomach, competing with harmful bacteria for nutrients and as a result, preventing harmful bacterial accumulation. Bifidobacterium Breve also helps to digest sugars in the digestive tract to produce lactic acid, which in turn destroys a number of harmful bacteria and toxins. According to a paper published in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Bifidobacterium Breve can help to prevent the development of allergies in early life by encouraging a healthy digestive microflora.
With all these strains, and the power of 25 billion colony forming units (CFU) per tablet, now you know, why we consider this the best chewable probiotics in America
With a wide range of chewable probiotics for children and adults alike, it is simple to make sure your immune system is benefiting from the wide number of good bacteria we know of today. By choosing a good quality, high potency chewable probiotic supplement
, you can ensure that you are getting a potent and effective dose of live cultures that with not only improve your digestion, but will have a knock-on effect on your immune system and generally well-being.Fundamental Chewable Probiotics
is made in America to assure quality and safety.Free Shipping in USA!