Dee Cee Labs Vitamin B6
Natural Vitamin B6 Supplement - Pyridoxine Supplement Vitamin B6
, also known as pyridoxine, helps brain function and helps the body convert protein to energy. Some research has shown that a vitamin B6 supplement
works with folic acid and B12 to reduce levels of homocysteine
(an amino acid) in the blood. Elevated homocysteine levels can increase a person's risk of heart attack
Taking regular high doses of a vitamin B6 supplement over 250 milligrams per day may cause nerve damage. In addition pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not take more than the recommended daily amount of vitamin B6 because too much pyridoxine can cause harm to the developing fetus or infant.
Benefits of Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that is found in poultry, eggs, fish, pork, and bananas. Nuts and seeds, oats, whole grains, and soybeans also contain vitamin B6. Water-soluble vitamins enter the bloodstream directly and anything that is not absorbed by the body is flushed out of the system through the urine. This means that you need a continuous supply of this vitamin to be healthy. Vitamin B6 comes in three forms: pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine. These B vitamins are essential for your body to transform protein into energy. Healthy levels of vitamin B6 lead to proper brain functioning, too. Vitamin B6 is also known to prevent diseases. In fact, this co-enzyme is used for treatment of several maladies.
The following are diseases that can be prevented with proper vitamin B6 intake:
- Heart Disease- Your body needs vitamin B6 to manage homocysteine levels. High homocysteine levels may lead to destroyed blood vessel linings, making them more susceptible to plaque as the body tries to repair the blood vessel linings. According to the Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon State University, studies have shown that a person who is deficient in vitamin B6 may be more susceptible to cardiovascular diseases. In fact, women who took 4.6 mg of vitamin B6 everyday were less likely to develop heart disease than women who only took 1.1 mg of vitamin B6.
- Elderly Impaired Immune Function- Individuals with low levels of vitamin B6 were known to have low levels of lymphocytes and an immune protein called interleukin-2. Studies revealed that the elderly have better immune functions if vitamin B6 intake were restored. Oregon State recommends a higher dosage of vitamin B6 than the RDA. Elderly males should consume 2.9 mg per day and women 1.9 mg per day.
- Kidney Stones- Although studies are still inconclusive on the role of a vitamin B6 supplement in preventing kidney stones, a study that followed the lifestyle of 40 women showed that those who have taken vitamin B6 supplements were less likely to develop stones in their kidneys. Further studies are being undertaken to have more proof to the connection between kidney stones and vitamin B6.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome- Individuals who are prone to carpal tunnel syndrome were discovered to have lower vitamin B6 levels than normal folks. Some experts recommend a daily intake of 100 mg of vitamin B6 supplements for treatment. However, one must also be cautious about taking too much vitamin B6. The National Institutes of Health caution against taking more than 100 mg of vitamin B6 per day as this may lead to nerve damage.
- Depression- Vitamin B6 promotes serotonin and norepinephrine production. That is why it is being investigated for possible treatment of depression. Vitamin B6 supplementation for pre-menopausal women was efficacious.
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome- Women who are suffering discomforts before their menstrual periods have sworn by vitamin B6 supplements as a way to relieve the symptoms.
Vitamin B6 supplements have been shown to help various diseases. It is also an important component for good health. Dee Cee Labs Vitamin B6
is a natural pyridoxine supplement
that is made in America to assure quality and safety.