*Results May Vary
Dee Cee Labs Super MSM
Benefits of MSM
The benefits of MSM are numerous, and we know of at least 12:
- Nutrient-absorption (vitamins and minerals) - A co-enzyme called Q10 "partners" up with MSM. For the body to make optimal use of it, it needs sulfur. In fact, there are substances which the body cannot use optimally without MSM (sulfur). These are: pantothenic acid, Vitamins A, D, and E, inter-enzymes, amino acids, selenium, calcium, germanium, collagnol and dismuzyme. Vitamins simply pass through the body, because we don't have enough MSM to properly harness these vitamins. More MSM therefore equals better utilization of vitamins. You may have heard of that joke about American urine being the most costly. This is because we spend thousands of dollars in vitamins and minerals that end up in the toilet due to the lack of MSM to hold these vitamins and minerals together. For example: by itself, Vitamin C heals. Without MSM, it cannot reinforce our capillary walls. When taken together, Vitamin C and MSM can help curtail chronic nosebleeds, bruising and reduce the number of varicose veins. Vitamin C and MSM work in synergy. Make sure that when you take Vitamin C, you have bioflavinoids to make it a complete regimen. Fresh foods are the best sources because they are complete complexes, but you still need MSM so that the body can maximize benefits.
- Increased oxygen to the body Emphysema patients who were given MSM for a week managed to walk half a mile and then another half mile after a break in between. Before taking MSM, some of them could not even get up from their chair. Don't get us wrong. MSM does NOT cure emphysema, but MSM supplied these patients with enough oxygen, enabling them to enjoy better blood circulation.
- More energy - Cell wall permeability is what MSM promotes making it possible for us to store more energy. Because the cell walls thicken and become more inflexible with age, oxygen and nutrients have a hard time penetrating cells, reducing the amount of energy the body can tap. Toxins can't leave the body freely because of the thick and rigid walls. MSM helps in absorbing nutrients thus generating more energy; at the same time it helps release undesirable toxins that rob us of energy. Take diabetes patients: when sugar enters their cells, it cannot be utilized properly because the cell walls lack permeability. Taking MSM restores the permeability and sugar balance. Lack of sulfur leads to low insulin levels in the pancreas. Adequate amounts of MSM help diabetics by increasing their energy levels, thanks to the efficient processing of sugar. For diabetics to enjoy stable sugar levels, the cell wall's permeability must be maintained at all times.
- Toxin elimination - To help MSM detoxify the body and rid it of toxins, individuals must drink plenty of water. This ensures that water can circulate freely, carrying with it the stress-inducing toxins out of the body.
- Quicker recovery time from vigorous workouts MSM can help prevent lactic build-up which occurs after vigorous or strenuous exercise, thus making it easier for the body to recover from muscle fatigue and energy depletion.
- Relief for muscular aches and pains - Not only can MSM help reduce aches and pains and provide relief for them, but it also helps decrease the degree of inflammation resulting from injury or conditions like arthritis. Swelling and inflammation can happen when there is too much water pressure inside a cell. Because MSM improves the permeability of cell walls, pressure is eased on both sides (inside and outside of the cell) and promotes relief from the inflammation. MSM works on soft tissues often the centers of pain and inflammation. By performing this function, the incidence of disorders such as arthritis, bursitis, rheumatism and hip dysplasia is significantly decreased. Tissues become flexible again, thanks to MSM. For some people, relief can come in 20 minutes, for others it may take longer.
- Formation and development of new healthy cells - The formation and development of new healthy cells is achieved when MSM blends with Vitamin C, known as a potent fighter of free radicals. This duo contributes to the healthy development of new cells, repairs scar tissues, helps diminish wrinkles, and adds elasticity to one's complexion. Lastly, both MSM and Vitamin C help to keep nails and hair healthy and sturdy.
- Improved mental functions - Health experts have repeatedly stressed the importance of eating fresh fruits and vegetables to keep the brain healthy. This is because many of them contain antioxidants that ward off the consequences of free radical activity on the brain. Aside from mental gymnastics and engaging in sports, health experts recommend power foods for brain cells to continue efficient brain functions. MSM supplementation is therefore strongly encouraged, given the presence of MSM in fresh foods.
- Decreased number of allergies - When you're taking medication for allergies, taking a MSM supplement will reduce your dependence on these medications because of its ability to relieve various allergies.
- Decreased discomfort from PMS symptoms (headaches, cramps and muscle pain) and hormonal imbalance - Hormonal imbalances are often the result of aging and unhealthy lifestyles. A woman who reaches menopause introduces shock to her body because her body has gotten accustomed to menstrual cycles. The cessation of menstruation brings about health problems and discomforts both minor and major. MSM supplementation greatly reduces this hormonal imbalance so that women can live fuller lives after menopause.
- Constipation relief - As people age, they tend to be subject to bouts of constipation. MSM supplementation offers relief for constipation disorders. Again, it should be taken with Vitamin C. People are also encouraged to include more fiber-rich foods in their diet.
- Decreased snoring and reduced eye irritation - More studies are needed to confirm this specific benefit from MSM, but there have been preliminary reports that MSM can help reduce snoring and provide relief for irritated eye membranes (provided the MSM is taken in a water solution).
Importance of MSM Supplements
Grab whatever you can to maintain overall health. If you suspect your body is running low on sulfur, start taking MSM supplements. You may want to discuss this with your doctor. As they say, you need every help that's out there. Half of our sulfur requirements reside in our muscles; the other half are found in our brain, hair and bones. In terms of body weight, it takes up 0.25% of our body weight. As active individuals, we use up our MSM (sulfur) reserves constantly. Our bodies use about 750 mg daily, so we should ensure that gets replaced through supplementation. Not maintaining the required levels can result in illness.
Safety of MSM
There are currently no concerns about the safety of MSM or MSM supplements. It is non-allergenic and does not exhibit any negative pharmacological effects so it is highly unlikely that you could overdose on MSM. When you take MSM supplements, your body simply takes what it needs and expels the rest. It does this every 12 hours. As it gets expelled, so do the toxins. For Super MSM supplementation to be effective, the recommended dosage is twice a day: once in the morning and another one in the evening.
Dee Cee Labs Super MSM is a natural MSM supplement with Vitamin C, Manganese and Potassium that is made in America to assure safety, quality and purity.