Pure Encapsulations - Ubiquinol VESIsorb
An Active Antioxidant Form of CoQ10
Enhanced Ubiquinol Absorption - 60 Caplique Capsules
Pure Encapsulations Ubiquinol VESIsorb is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10, the preferred form for individuals over 40 or those experiencing increased oxidative stress
- A human pilot study compared a typical ubiquinol preparation to ubiquinol in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 696% increase in peak blood levels and a 485% increase in relative bioavailability
- A cross-over, pharmacokinetic pilot study (single oral dose) in humans compared an oil-based CoQ10 preparation to CoQ10 in the VESIsorb® delivery system and demonstrated a 308% increase in peak blood levels(Cmax) and a 622% increase in area under the curve (AUC(0-10 hr)), a measure of 10-hour bioavailability
- In the same study, AUC(0-10 hr)values were 285% and 499% greater with VESIsorb® CoQ10 compared to two other solubilized, bio-enhanced preparations
What Is It?
Ubiquinol VESIsorb® offers a unique self-assembling nano-colloid system to enhance ubiquinol absorption. Ubiquinol is the active antioxidant form of CoQ10. It has an additional two hydrogen atoms and compromises the majority of the ubiquinone/ ubiquinol pool in the plasma of healthy young subjects. In the body, the enzymatic conversion of ubiquinone to ubiquinol in the mitochondria is a key step in the electron transport chain and the manufacture of ATP.*/p>
Enhanced Absorption Patented VESIsorb® Delivery System
- Developed by Vesifact, a Switzerland-based company dedicated to innovative technology and research
- Patented, lipid-based delivery system increases bioavailability of a bioactive that is fat soluble or that has poor water solubility
- Self-assembling colloidal system forms evenly dispersed fluid droplets upon contact with water in the G.I. tract, each with a mean diameter of less than 100 nanometers and with the bioactive at its core
- Nanosized water-soluble droplets or micelles allow the bioactive to cross the water layer of the G.I. tract for absorption
- Provides extended release of the bioactive over time
Uses for Ubiquinol VESIsorb
General Support: Ubiquinol makes up over 90% of the CoQ10 found in the plasma of healthy young individuals, typically up to the age of about 40-45 years. This makes ubiquinol especially important for older individuals, individuals who may be experiencing greater levels of oxidative or physical stress, or individuals who appear not to respond to regular CoQ10 supplementation (possibly due to poor conversion of CoQ10 to ubiquinol in the body). Research suggests that it may be more readily absorbed than the ubiquinone form. The safety and bioavailability of ubiquinol were evaluated after single oral dose and 4-week multiple dose studies. Significant gastrointestinal absorption was observed and no clinically significant adverse effects were noted.
Cardiovascular Support: In a preliminary case report involving an open clinical evaluation using ubiquinol, a U.S. cardiologist reports that plasma CoQ10 levels doubled for one 52 year-old woman after supplementation with 300 mg ubiquinol in divided doses for one month. It was also noted that ubiquinol supported a healthy ratio of CoQ10 to lipids. In a separate case, a 65 year-old male not responding to CoQ10 supplementation experienced a 4-fold increase in plasma CoQ10 after supplementation with the same dose of ubiquinol. In addition, ubiquinol supported healthy ejection fraction and mitral valve function while supporting overall physical activity and quality of life.
What Is The Source?
CoQ10 is produced by microbial (yeast) fermentation. There is no residual yeast in the final product.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1-2 Caplique® Capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Rarely, CoQ10 may cause mild gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
CoQ10 may be contraindicated for individuals taking blood thinning medication. Consult your physician for more information.
Free shipping for all orders within the USA!