Pure Encapsulations - SeroPlus
Comprehensive Serotonin Support
Promotes Positive Mood - 120 Capsules
Pure Encapsulations SeroPlus supports serotonin production to promote positive mood, moderate occasional stress, and maintain healthy eating behavior.
What Is It?
SeroPlus was developed by Pure Encapsulations in conjunction with Dr. James Greenblatt as part of The Integrative Mental Health Series, a line of products based on scientific findings as well as decades of clinical experience. SeroPlus provides neurotransmitter precursors to help balance serotonin function in the brain for emotional wellness, relaxation, moderating occasional stress, and maintaining healthy eating behavior. Also critical to each formulation in this series is the inclusion of a vitamin B6, zinc and Metafolin® L-5-MTHF cofactor complex. These nutrients are often depleted in individuals due to medications, inadequate diets, and toxic environmental exposures, compromising the ability to properly synthesize neurotransmitters. When replete, these cofactors enhance neurotransmitter function and play a complementary role in supporting emotional wellness.*
- Promotes serotonin synthesis to promote relaxation, moderate occasional stress, and support healthy eating behavior
- Provides serotonin building blocks with the amino acid precursor 5-HTP and enhances 5-HTP availability with niacinamide and zinc
- Optimal niacin and zinc status minimizes the amount of 5-HTP shuttled toward the absorption and activation of these nutrients
- Supports serotonin production with cofactors vitamin C, vitamin B6 and Metafolin® L-5MTHF; L-5MTHF is the form of folate that easily crosses the blood brain barrier
- Enhances healthy sensitization of serotonin receptors and nervous system function with inositol
- Maintains healthy serotonin activity and reuptake with taurine
- Supports serotonin production with cofactors vitamin C, vitamin B6 and folate; L-5MTHF is the form of folate that easily crosses the blood brain barrier
- In a randomized controlled trial involving elderly individuals, magnesium offered statistically significant support for positive mood
- In another double-blind, randomized and placebo-controlled trial involving young women, zinc supplementation offered statistically significant support for positive mood
What Is The Source?
Ascorbic acid is derived from corn dextrose fermentation. Niacinamide, pyridoxal 5’ phosphate, folate (Metafolin®, L-5-MTHF) and taurine are synthetic. Magnesium and zinc are derived from the lime of rock. 5-Hydroxytryptophan is derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seeds. Myo-inositol is derived from rice bran.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 2-4 capsules daily, in divided doses, between meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Certain ingredients have been associated with gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, heartburn, vomiting, diarrhea or flatulence. Rarely, inositol has been associated with fatigue, headache or dizziness. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
These products are not intended to replace SSRI, MAOI or other psychiatric medications and should only be used under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner. Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors. 5-HTP may be contraindicated with sedative medications. Consult your physician for more information.
Free shipping for all orders within the USA!