Return to Health Information Index
Natural Tension Headache Remedy
A natural tension headache remedy is important for many people. Did you know that approximately 69% of men and 88% of women develop a tension headache at some time in their lives?
Tension Headache Symptoms may include:
- Vise-like pain around your head
- Pressing/tightening located on both sides of the head
- Neck tension associated with headache
Tension headaches may be mild or of moderate intensity and not aggravated by routine physical activity and usually there is no nausea or vomiting as there is with a migraine. Tension headaches can affect your life in many ways, including preventing you from working or enjoy your activities of daily living, making a natural tension headache remedy something you should keep in your medicine cabinet.
What Causes Tension Headaches?
Tension headaches are a result of unwanted and involuntary contraction of neck and scalp muscles. This may be due to short-term or prolonged stress, depression or anxiety. In addition, any prolonged activity that causes the head to be held in one position for a long time without moving can cause a headache. It is dangerous to frequently take over the counter pain medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin or Tylenol because of the problem called "rebound headache". This occurs from frequent use of these pain medications. Formula 303 natural muscle relaxant has not been shown to cause rebound headaches and is very effective at alleviating the muscle contraction associated with tension headaches.
How Stress Develops
Many life experiences result in some form of stress, fear, anxiety and phobia. Stress can even be due to boredom. Stress can be caused by good events and bad. For example; we all know the stress involved with going on vacation. This is basically a great event, but can be very stressful. Everyone reacts to stress differently.
Much research regarding stress has focused on change. It seems that we just don't like change too much. It is the change of life events that seem to cause us the stress we experience.
- Death of a spouse or loved one
- Change of job or school
- Moving to a new home
- Promotion or demotion at work
- Family member leaving home
- New family member
- New illness or injury
Of course other factors such as conflicts in relationships, impossible demands placed on us by employers or family members and even being lonely can all cause symptoms of stress and ulitmately cause chronic tension headaches.
We humans respond to stress in many ways. Different hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol are released that cause a whole host of symptoms such as rapid heart rate, increased breathing rate, feelings of unreality or anxiety. Prolonged stress is very harmful to our health and well-being. These stress hormones cause our muscles to tighten and increase tension in our scalp.
Natural Tension Headache Remedies
The good news is that there are natural tension headache remedies that don't cause side effects.
- Exercise- this helps eliminate stress hormones and improve muscle function
- Drink plenty of water- we need water for our bodies to function properly
- Eat fruits and vegetables- there are many important nutrients to help fight stress
- Take a good multivitamin such as Headache Free- assures you are getting all nutrients you need
- Get a massage
- Take a hot bath or shower
- Apply a natural topical analgesic such as CryoDerm or Sombra to your neck and temples
- Use a natural muscle relaxer such as Formula 303 to help relax your tight muscles. Formula 303 has been shown to help the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
It's best if you use a natural headache remedy
so that you don't develop rebound headaches as can occur with traditional headache medications.
If you enjoyed reading this health information, then please SUBSCRIBE
to our free, bi-monthly newsletter which includes healthy lifestyle and new product information. We also offer promotional discounts on all of our products. Click Here to Subscribe