Pure Encapsulations - Macular Support Formula
Antioxidant Formula for Healthy Eyes
Enhanced with Lutein & Zeaxanthin - 120 Capsules
Pure Encapsulations Macular Support Formula is a comprehensive formula that brings together lutein, zeaxanthin, proanthocyanidins, amino acids and vitamin C to provide exceptional protection against free radicals in retinal tissues.
What Is It?
This comprehensive formula brings together proanthocyanidins, amino acids, vitamin C and carotenoids to provide exceptional protection against free radical damage in retinal tissue.
- N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and reduced glutathione, promoting optimal glutathione concentrations for important antioxidant protection of the lens of the eye
- Bilberry extract, containing anthocyanidins shown to moderate visual fatigue and to improve light to dark adjustments
- Grape seed extract, also containing powerful anthocyanidins for enhanced antioxidant potential in the retina
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, the only two carotenoids found in the macula. They promote the integrity and density of the macular pigment and help to maintain the health of the optical lens
- Mixed carotenoids, providing lutein and zeaxanthin, as well as other carotenoids for antioxidant support. The antioxidant activity provides optimal protection of the macula from light
- Vitamin C, additional antioxidant support shown to maintain ocular health
Uses for Macular Support Formula
Macular Support: Macular Support Formula is a combination of powerful antioxidants and botanicals designed to protect and support the macula, the central area of the retina responsible for sharp vision.
What Is The Source?
N-Acetyl-l-cysteine and zeaxanthin are synthetic. Reduced glutathione (free-form) is produced via glucose fermentation. Bilberry extract is derived from Vaccinium myrtillus fruit and standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides. Grape seed extract is derived from Vitis vinifera and standardized to 92% polyphenols. Lutein (FloraGLO® ) is derived from marigold flower extract. Beta carotene is derived from Blakeslea trispora. Lycopene is derived from natural tomato concentrate. Vitamin C is derived from corn dextrose fermentation. Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil. Each serving typically provides 15,000 mcg beta-carotene, 425 mcg lycopene, 850 mcg lutein and 170 mcg zeaxanthin
Pure Encapsulations recommends 2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. NAC or vitamin C may cause gastrointestinal discomfort in sensitive individuals. Vitamin C should not be taken by individuals with glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, iron overload, a history of kidney stones, or kidney failure.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Vitamin C may react with mixed amphetamines (a specific amphetamine combination used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit disorder) and blood thinning medications.
Free shipping for all orders within the USA!