Thorne Research GI-Encap®
Supports Stomach and Esophageal Health
Aloe Vera - 60 Capsules
Thorne Research GI-Encap® is soothing botanical support for the GI tract and therapeutic dosing can be achieved with fewer capsules.
Soothing Botanical Support for the GI tract – Now with Aloe Vera
- Helps maintain stomach and esophageal health
- DaltonMax 700® is a potent 200:1 extract of organic aloe vera
- 100 mg slippery elm per 2 capsules (versus 80 mg in previous formula)
- 200 mg marshmallow root per 2 capsules (versus 80 mg in previous formula)
- The same amount of DGL per 2 capsules
- Therapeutic dosing can be achieved with fewer capsules
Aloe vera demonstrates significant gastroprotective effects via a number of mechanisms, including mast cell stabilization and antioxidant effects. Only the inner gel fillet is used in this product, alleviating any laxative effect. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice is well known for its ability to optimize mucus production by gastrointestinal mucosal cells and to promote a healthy GI tract. Licorice root preparations have been used for many years for the nutritional support of the stomach and duodenum. Glycyrrhizin is removed from the extract to prevent a rise in blood pressure that has been observed in some individuals taking whole licorice root. Slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) and marshmallow root (Althea officinalis) contain mucilaginous components that are soothing to the digestive tract.
To soothe esophageal irritation, GI-Encap can be taken out of the capsule and mixed with warm water for a soothing tea.