Thorne Research Diabenil®
Supports Already Normal Blood Sugar Levels
Blend of Botanicals & Nutrients - 90 Capsules
Thorne Research Diabenil® is a botanical and nutrient blend that supports already normal blood sugar levels.
Comprehensive support of already normal blood sugar levels.
- Support for nerves and blood vessels
- Antioxidants protect eyes and kidneys
- A blend of botanicals and nutrients to help maintain already normal blood sugar levels
- Made without flowing agents that can inhibit bioavailability
Diabenil is a unique blend of botanicals and nutrients designed to help maintain already normal blood sugar levels. In addition, it contains important antioxidants and flavonoids to protect sensitive tissues of the body.
- Gymnema sylvestre, a plant native to India, has been used medicinally for over 2,000 years. Its effect on supporting blood glucose levels has been widely studied since the 1930s. It has been found to support already normal blood sugar levels in human studies. It also can help to maintain already normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Momordica charantia, (bitter melon) is an herb commonly found in China, India, and Africa. Its active ingredients include charantin and a substance known as p-insulin (plant insulin), which resembles bovine insulin in structure and function. These components appear to both enhance glucose utilization and depress glucose synthesis in the liver.
- Vaccinium myrtillus, (bilberry) contains important anthocyanoside flavonoids that appear to have a particular affinity and support for ocular tissue, particularly the retina. These flavonoids strengthen blood vessels and help stabilize collagen, maintaining healthy connective tissues.
- Quercetin, in addition to its collagen-stabilizing effects, inhibits an enzyme that converts glucose to sorbitol. Once formed, sorbitol can accumulate in the lens of the eye, kidneys, and nerves of the extremities.
- Lipoic acid, is a potent antioxidant in both water- and fat-soluble mediums that can significantly reduce lipid peroxidation of nerve tissue. It has also been found to inhibit an enzyme that results in a decrease in the production of sorbitol.
- UltraChrome, and vanadyl sulfate are included in Diabenil to help maintain already normal hemoglobin A1C levels.