Karen's Botanicals Balm of Gilead Oil
Analgesic, Antibacterial & Anti-inflammatory Oil
Organic Ingredients, Chemical-Free & Cruelty-Free
Karen's Botanicals Balm of Gilead Oil is an all natural therapeutic oil that has analgesic, antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties.
One of the prime ingredient used in the Balm of Gilead Oil, is the buds from the Balsam Poplar tree. The young buds of the Balsam Poplar trees secrete a powerfully aromatic and
healing resin high in salicylic acid, which is the active ingredient in aspirin. In the spring, the buds of the Balsam Poplar tree begin to ooze with yellow green sap that yields a lovely sweet and clean scent. For centuries, the sap of this tree has been made into analgesic oils and is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Balm of Gilead oil is one of the first infused oils that Karen learned to make back in 1981 while she was living in Kodiak, Alaska.
Why Karen's Botanicals Balm of Gilead Oil?
- The percentage of this product which is made from organic plant materials is 99%.
- Most of the ingredients were either wild-crafted, or grown under the care of a certified organic farmer without the use of pesticides, herbicides or other poisonous chemicals.
- This product contains no commercial fragrances.
- This product has received a rating of “0” from EWG. This is a rating system from the Environmental Working Group. A rating of "0" indicates that this product has little if any known health risks associated with its ingredients.
- Karen's Botanicals has never tested their products on animals.
Natural and Organic, Karen’s Botanicals infused oils can be used for massage, general skin care, a healing bath oil, or for aromatherapy. These aromatic and therapeutic oils are made with fresh or dried organic herbs and in many cases, flowers picked by hand at the height of their summer power. Pure oils are infused with plants through gentle heat requiring long periods of time, and creating
formulas of unusual purity and power. Some products are enhanced with concentrated pure essential oils, and these too are always sourced from an organic supplier.